Join Thousands of Other HNN Readers
And Sign-up for Our FREE Newsletter!
History News Network: Where teachers-in-the-know (and hundreds of thousands of others) go to find out the history behind the stories in the news. It's free. It's timely. It's credible.
Says Eric Foner: "I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world."
Join HNN's growing list of members! We receive more than 10 million hits a month.
To join HNN sign up for our free newsletter!
(We do not sell, loan, or share the email addresses of subscribers.)
- America's few Latino civil rights monuments languish, forgotten and decaying
- Volcanic Ash at Pompeii Froze This Beautiful, 2,000-Year-Old Shrine in Time
- U.N.C. Chancellor Apologizes for History of Slavery at Chapel Hill
- Robert E. Lee descendant: I was 'disheartened' to hear Trump comments about Confederate general
- Confederate monuments stir emotions, but 'generally not a voting issue' in Alabama
- Cindy R. Lobel, Who Studied New York’s History Through Food, Dies at 48
- Jonathan Zimmerman says scholars need to broaden their audience
- Juan Cole says he wouldn’t write a letter of recommendation for a student wanting to study at an Israeli "squatter institution on illegally acquired Palestinian land”
- Nicole Hemmer exposes sexual harassment at the Miller Center
- AHA announces 2018 prize winners!