Institution: University of Rochester
The Program in Public Health-Related Majors in the School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Rochester is conducting an open rank faculty search for a scholar specializing in the historical, social, political, and/or ethical dimensions of health policy. The program seeks outstanding candidates who work at the boundaries between public health, the humanities, and the social sciences and who are able to engage with multiple audiences, both inside and outside of the University. This will be a tenure-track appointment in one of several appropriate departments in Arts and ...
Posted Oct 10th 2017
Institution: SUNY Cortland
POSITION: Full-time tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank in the History department beginning in fall 2018. RESPONSIBILITIES: Early Modern Europe, 1450-1750: State University of New York, College at Cortland. Early Modern European History, specialization open. Tenure-track assistant professorship beginning in fall 2018. In addition to upper-level undergraduate courses and graduate (M.A.) courses in Early Modern European history, the candidate must be able to teach a World or Western Civilization survey. The department is eager to attract cand ...
Posted Sep 26th 2017
Institution: California Institute of Technology – Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences
The Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences at the California Institute of Technology invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Instructorship in History beginning Fall 2018. Areas of Specialization: American Political History and/or American Race Relations. The successful candidate will be expected to teach three undergraduate courses per year (quarter system). The appointment is contingent upon completion of the Ph.D. Interested candidates should electronically submit a letter of application, three letters of recommendation, a CV, and a writing sample of ...
Posted Sep 26th 2017
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi