Donald Trump's "1776 Commission" for "Patriotic Education"Hot Topics
tags: history education, Donald Trump, 1776 commission
On September 17, Donald Trump called for a commission to require the teaching of history to encourage patriotism and reject critical interpretations of the nation's past. Click here to view HNN's coverage of the topic, both original essays and reposted content from around the web.
comments powered by Disqus
- Is It Time for All Students to Take Ethnic Studies?
- A Virginia State Senator Found Headstones on His Property. It Brought to Light a Historic Injustice in D.C.
- UC Berkeley is Disavowing its Eugenic Research Fund after Bioethicist and Other Faculty Call it Out
- How About Reviving the Civilian Conservation Corps?
- Salvaging Another Piece of Black history
- In Gettysburg, Trump Supporters Clash with Black Lives Matter Protesters as Election Nears
- Thomas Frank On How Populism Can Save America
- Schuyler Mansion Works to Bring Clarity to Alexander Hamilton’s Role as Enslaver
- The American Contest: Featuring Heather Cox Richardson (Podcast)
- Cuban Slavery and The Atlantic World: 2020 Gilder Lehrman Center Conference (11/6-11/7)